Tuesday 30 December 2014

Throne of Nerds

When ever Warhammer World finishes off it's renovations me and a group of friends will be attending Throne of Skulls for 40k. The big question though is what to take? I want something both themed and competitive, not looking to win but place reasonably high. So with that in mind the list I have come up with is Raptors Scouts allied with an Iron Hands Drop Pod force for the primary. The Iron Hands even have a Techmarine in every squad and a pair of Dreadnoughts, try telling me that isn't fluffy! Anyway onto the list itself.



Primary Detachment: Clan Raukaan (1253 points)

Master of the Forge (175)
- Betrayers Bane
- Gorgons Chains
- Lightening Claw

Techmarine (85)
- Servo Harness
- Combi-Melta

Techmarine (85)
- Servo Harness
- Combi-Plasma

9 Man Tactical Squad (181)
- Melta Gun
- Combi-Melta
- Drop Pod

9 Man Tactical Squad (186)
- Plasma Gun
- Combi-Plasma
- Drop Pod

8 Man Sterguard Squad (221)
- Drop Pod

Dreadnought (155)
- Plasma Cannon
- Heavy Flamer
- Drop Pod

Dreadnought (165)
- Assault Cannon
- Heavy Flamer
- Drop Pod

Allied Detachment: Raptors (245 points)

Lias Issodon (175)     (FW Badab characters update if you want to check him out, page 8)

5 Man Scout Squad (70)
- 5 Sniper Rifles
- Camo Cloaks

Issodon and MotF go with the Sternguard, the normal Techs with the Tacticals (matching special weapons) Scouts start on the table as fluffly recon unit and for Infiltrate, Isolate, Destroy. Turn 1 I'll bring in the Sternguard, at least 1 Tac squad and either a Dreadnought or the other Tac Squad. Scouts get the honour of sitting in a Bolstered ruin all game. General game plan then is to hit hard and fast.

So far the complaints have been about Issodon. He is an asshole, I wont deny that. But what people are forgetting is that as soon as generic Powerfist sergeant dumb-ass realizes Issodon doesn't know how to use a sword he's gone as he has no EW and no invul. He relies on his Stealth (well, shrouded) to keep him alive and shooting.

2 comments:

  1. Looks good to me dude! just the right mix of fluff and nails, only question i have is if the scouts are infiltrating, how can they be in bolstered terrain if you can only bolster within your deployment zone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can Infiltrate into my own lines :P I need to make sure my opponent deploys first so my scouts can see my target for Issodons ability.

      Delete