Wednesday 8 April 2015

Ready for War

Tomorrow my local GW is having a small tournament. 1000 points using tactical objectives with a total of 6 players. I figured this would be a good time to test out the Skitarii against a variety of opponents so they're my main force, backed up by the might of the Imperial Guard (or at least stealing their transports and using them as a meat shield).

Skitarii Primary Detachment (whatever the Skitarii special detachment will be called)

10 Vanguard - 215
- 2x Plasma Caliver
- Enhanced Data Tether
- Power Sword
- Phospher Pistol
- Conversion Field
- Pater Radium

5 Rangers - 120
- 2x Transuranic Arquebus
- Refractor Field

5 Rangers - 135
- 2x Arc Rifle
- Enhanced Data Tether
- Arc Pistol
- Arc Maul
- Refractor Field

Astra Militarum Allied Detachment

Company Command Squad - 125
- Chimera
   - Hull Heavy Flamer

Techpriest Enginseer - 40
Techpriest Enginseer - 40

Veteran Squad - 125
- Chimera
   - Hull Heavy Flamer

Leman Russ Executioner - 185
- Plasma Cannon Sponsons
- Lascannon


Those who are observant will notice I'm currently 5 points down. This is for when I turn up and find out if we're doing mysterious objectives or not. If we are I'll take the Divinator relic which lets me re-roll the result of mysterious objectives, if not a Techpriest gets a Melta Bomb.

The Archmagos is just an Enginseer for this, but I figured that people will see the big scary guy and try to kill him even though it's just a 40 point Enginseer. If asked by the Manager I will take away the Abyant and I wont lie when people ask what he is but I know some people going will aim straight for him.

The Cultists are my Tech Plebs in 30k so they'll be my Pleb Guard in 40k. They're there to buy my Skitarii some transports and get them access to the Executioner for some heavy fire power. This then leaves them to be meat shields/objective holders.

I'll try and get some pictures up as we go along but with the timed games/us getting carried away it might be difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment